The University of Regina Students’ Union is pleased to offer you an exceptional space to hold your event on the University of Regina Campus. With a spacious room and a variety of amenities, this multifunctional space is suited to hold almost any event and can accommodate all of your needs.
The Multipurpose Room
*Non-Profits and Student Groups may be eligible for discounted rates
Included in the regular rental fee is the set up and take down of tables and chairs in the room. You are allowed to decorate the venue on the day prior, given that it is during regular operating hours and the space is not in use. Clean-up is to be completed the night of the event, or can be negotiated at the time of booking depending on space availability.
Capacity and Square Footage
This versatile space is perfectly suited to hold anything from weddings, concerts, trade shows, conferences or comedy nights. With approximately 4500 square feet with a full stage set up, the room can accommodate many different desired seating arrangements. The room is also able to split into two with a rolling wall, allowing for it to suit many different event sizes. The capacities of the space are as follows:
The Owl - Rental Fee: $650/day
The Owl accomodates up to 500 people for a dance, and up to 240 people for banquet seating. The Owl rental includes multiple microphones, sound system, a projector and screen as well as 10 TV's surrounding the room.
Food and Beverage Service
In addition to our available prep kitchen, The Owl is able to provide catering or you may choose to use an outisde catering service for your event. The Owl is able to provide alcoholic beverage service for your event along with servers and security staff.
We charge $19/hour per staff member for a minimum of three hours. It is up to the discretion of the Owl Managment what staffing is required for an event in order to maintain our standards of service. It is also permitted for you to bring in your own alcohol if you have acquired a Special Occasions Permit from the SLGA as well as the permission of Campus Security. Please contact us for more details.
- We require a minimum of a weeks notice for an event booking to ensure all security measures and permits are fulfilled.
- A deposit of 20% of your booking total is required upon booking your event. The room is held once the deposit has been confirmed and the booking contract has been filled out.
- In the case of event cancellation, the deposit will be returned if notification is given thirty days prior to event date.
- The renter must obtain a Special Occasions Permit and provide their own alcohol in the case that minors are to be in attendance. This permit will only be valid if minors are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Any groups providing their own alcohol must must hire the Owl staff to serve at the event.
- Attendance confirmation must be submitted and approved a minimum of five days before event.
- The Mutli-Purpose Room is not equipped with lighting systems. You are welcome to bring in your own if needed. If you require larger sound equipment, you are welcome to bring in your own or inquire with management
- Payment in full is required the day of the event. Invoice amount will include any applicable fees such as room rental, meal cost, corkage, staffing fees and GST.
- The client will be liable for any damage to the room or A/V equipment.